Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm missus OH MY GOD THAT BRITNEY'S SHAMELESS

Greetings. I'm at a Burgerking in the KL airport. How did that happen?

Well lets see, there 20 hours in the dark. That gets old after a while. I stayed awake for most of it doing a number of things:

  • Getting the digits of the two elderly ladies from LA who flanked me. They also taught me some Chinese. I can now say hand, finger, watch, fingernail and joint. Thats all I really need, right?
  • Watching Juno. I thought for sure that I would be the last Minnesotan to see that, but I guess now uncle Rob is. It was very very good, although the road between St. Cloud and the Cities does not look like that.
  • Scoring 150,000 at Bejeweled II
  • Changing the song that is running through my head from The Bird and the Bee's cover of "How Deep is your Love" to "Piece of Me;" the new one my Britney. Not only is this song BANGIN', it is also a nastier satire than Belle & Sebastion could ever muster. Brit is laughing at the entire world for having nothing else to talk about than what a mess she is. I listened to it on repeat for several hours.
I also somehow ended up in Taiwan. I though I was supposed to transfer in Tokyo, but I guess not. I guess those hours of perusing airline sites really payed off. It is 5.5 hours until my flight to Medan, but I am not going to go into KL proper because it would cost ~$100. Please. I think I'll have a better chance to see it on my way out.

1 comment:

b said...

Papa, I'm so glad you watched Juno because when my Mom and I saw it, she immediately remarked on how the boy in the short running shorts reminded her of you. I had to agree with her on that one...