Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gecko


These cute little buggers are everywhere (this one outside our bungalow on Pulah Weh, just off the NW tip of sumatra). They aren't as freaky as cockroaches or rats, because they don't skitter over your feet or anything. However, these little beasts make the loudest sound imaginable. They sound like Clara is pissed about something and is saying MRONK! right at the top of her screech. Every night, one or two of these guys pipe up just as I turn out the lights and screech for about 5 minutes, growing more irritated as they progress.

I saw a larger gecko like creature about 2 feet long crawling on the screen outside our kitchen this morning. Different ecosystems here.

2 comments:

ClaraL said...

woa. I don't think you should be allowed to compare me to a gecko on your blog when half the world is reading it. What if I run for president at some point?

Rob Hardy said...

Nice use of the toothbrush for scale. I can tell you're a scientist.